Category: Home Improvement
10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Contractor
10 Points to Include When Interviewing a Contractor on Your Next Project:
- Contractor should provide Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance certificate naming you as the ‘additional’ insured.
- The liability should cover the value of your home.
- How many similar jobs have they done?
- Are Recommendations Available?
- An Itemized price quote including necessary items and any recommended additions.
- An estimated timeline with start end end dates.
- What will effect the timeline and how with those items be addressed?
- What approvals are needed and who will obtain them?
- How will your property be left on a daily basis? Will they clean up daily or at the end of the job?
- How will payments be expected and what receipts/guarantees for work will be provided?