Homeowners are anticipating the spring weather to arrive. Getting ready for spring also includes these 5 tips that will help you ease into the season:
- Check your ‘Insides’- make sure to assess your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. By assessing these systems, you can make sure that they are working properly and if filters need to be replaced or cleaned.
- Check your ‘Outside’- inspect your windows and doors and if caulking or weather stripping needs attention. Also, check the roof for missing shingles and/or tiles. Gutters need to be cleaned out as well.
- Spring cleaning- Windows can get awfully dirty from the horrid winter season. The windows, ceiling fans, and fireplaces should all be cleaned out. To be safe rather than sorry, test out your emergency systems as well (replace smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries and if their useful life is up, the whole unit).
- Landscaping- Let’s get that front lawn ready to shine! Garden hoses should be replaced if cracked or old. Take the time to rake away leaves, tree limbs, and debris from the front of your home and the walkway. Think about power washing the concrete, brick walls and your deck to get the cleaning that it so painfully needs.
- Front and Backyard Furnishing- if you have outdoor furniture, its time to clean the cushions, canvas, and plastics to get your back or front yard ready for lounging in the warm weather.
Taking proper precautions before the seasons change is extremely important. Your home goes through a lot during the cold weather, so giving it some TLC in time for the warmer seasons is crucial for a well-cared-for home.
For more information about how to improve your home for the winter season be sure to contact: HMMA, Inc. at: 201-943-3331 or see www.hmmainc.com