The reasons that most folks hire a General Contractor are many:
- The job is too large or time-consuming to manage alone.
- The job requires the management of a professional.
- The job requires several trades whose work needs to be checked prior to hiring.
- The job requires a dedicated perfectionist….what?!
Yes, your job-no matter how large or small requires a detail oriented, eagle-eyed, ruthless perfectionist. Why? Remember the saying ‘measure twice; cut once’?
The last thing you need is to ‘learn’ about what not to do on a remodeling or new construction project that you have been dreaming about for years.
Ask these questions of your GC to help you decide if he/she is worth hiring. It just may save you time and money in the long run.
- How long have you been in the industry?
- How many _______ have you done?
- Are you insured?
- How long before you start the job?
- How long do you estimate the job will take?
- Do you have a standard set of sub-contractors or employees that you work with?
- What will you do to protect our timeline and budget?
- How are you paid?
- How will hiring you save me time and money?
- How can I trust you will handle my job with care?
Now, armed with these answers, you can make a clear decision regarding the work you are planning.
For more information about your upcoming project-send us your request below: